
Another person that owns a piece of my heart is my son.
He has grown so much. Where is my little baby boy? Sometimes I feel like I missed out a few years or something and he suddenly turned to a big guy. Anyhow, what would I do without him. He's my intelligent, obedient, responsible, organized young man that makes sure I don't forget things. He's the son every mom would love to have. A 4.0 student who has received many certificates and awards in education, behavior, sports...he's been recognized just recently as the student of the trimester in high school and honored as one of the top students in science...which really is his least favorite subject may I add! He's actually a math wiz...and sport addict...
But with all his awards and recognitions which make me a proud parent, what I really thank God for is that today I saw him reading his bible in his room... Things like that touch my heart. Why? How many moms wish their kids (especially a 15 year old) would read the bible without having to tell them?
Is he a perfect son or am I the perfect mother? No. I'm sure he has flaws... I have flaws...Nobody is perfect...but God, Who we serve... is merciful, Praise Him! One thing's for sure...My son inspires me to be a better mom, because a son this good deserves the best mom and Lord knows I'm not...I only try....but mostly PRAY. A mom's prayer can go a long way.
"God, please guide me with your Holy Spirit everyday so that I can be an example to my children and teach them to walk your way".
Now, here is a wise thought to reflect on:
"Don't worry that your children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you."
For all you moms out there...just love, hope and pray...your kids are in God's hands.

If your half as good at being a mom as you were a Y's teacher, I'm sure Horacito has one of the best mom's out there. You're kids are great, I can't wait to see what my turn into. Like you say, I can only pray and hope that I will do a good job raising mine!
ReplyDelete